IX URBAN-PROMOGIOVANI AWARD is an innovative cultural initiative, aimed at nurturing the talent of students from all Universities in the world (Architecture, Engineering, Planning, Design, Real estate), engaged in education activities related to urban regeneration and urban transformation.
Students interested in participating, have to submit a project proposal about:
- the redevelopment of an urban area with a particular complexity and, therefore, the need of an integrated approach;
- one of the Urbanpromo key topics: urban renewal, urban marketing, smart city, sustainable energy, social housing;
- methods of analysis and design, by morphological settings, by procedural and implementing contents and by choices related to the urban context.
The quality of students’ proposals must be certified by their teachers. The projects and their authors will be published in the Multimedia Gallery of Urbanpromo 2017 and publicize all over the world through the media partners of the event.
The projects will be evaluated and awarded by an international jury, concerned in urban regeneration with two prizes and by the visitors of the Urbanpromo website with two more prizes.
Following the great success of the Urban-promogiovani8 competition, the Chamber of Commerce of Genoa will sponsor further awards, aimed at supporting the initiative and drawing attention to retail – tourism – culture led urban regeneration. A jury of expert will award the prizes to the 6 higher score projects.
The competition includes also a final workshop. It will take place in Milan during the days of Urbanpromo 2017 and it will involve all the participating students.
- September, 25 – deadline extended
- October, 22 – new deadline to upload files
- October, 24 – projects’s issue
- November, 17 – on line evaluation will be closed
- November, 24 – final workshop